About Participating Agencies
Eastern Health (Box Hill Hospital)
Contact Name: Helen Stagg Manager Volunteer Services Eastern Health
Contact Phone: 9895 3246
Contact Email: Helen.Stagg@easternhealth.org.au
Agency type Health Services
Volunteering Activities type Hospital/allied health assistance
About the agency Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest metropolitan health services. It provides a range of emergency, medical and general healthcare services to Melbourne’s diverse eastern community.
Volunteers Box Hill Hospital's volunteers provide valuable support to its staff and patients, helping to improve the safety, health and wellbeing of people in Melbourne’s eastern communities.
Possible roles for volunteers include:
* Auxiliary – assist with fundraising events to purchase urgently needed medical equipment
* EDcare – assisting patients and families while in the emergency departments
* Kiosk – preparing or serving food to help raise funds directly for the hospital
* Patient mobile shop –providing items for purchase to patients on the wards
* Patient activities – help with group activities.
The Box Hill Auxiliary kiosk opens from 8am-8pm and is supported by teams of volunteers working 3 shifts per day, 7 days per week. All profits are donated back to the hospitals for the purchase of medical equipment. Recruitment to the hospital kiosk is ongoing through the year.
The Hospital now runs twice yearly bulk recruitment (except for kiosk assistants), with the next information sessions scheduled for 1 February 2012. Click here and follow the link to the flyer with session details or ring Eastern Health Volunteer Services on 9895 4658 for more information.
VV10024 Box Hill Hospital volunteers
VV10036 Kiosk Assistant
go to VV10024 Box Hill Hospital volunteers
Go to VV10036 Kiosk Assistant