About Participating Agencies
Manningham Men's Shed
Contact Name: Ric Blackburn, Coordinator
Contact Phone: 9840 1681
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency type Disability Services
Volunteering Activities type Disability/support services, Technical/mechanical/maintenance handyman
About the agency Manningham Men's Shed is managed by Manningham Community Health Services. It's a delightful sanctuary situated in an actual shed near the Kevin Heinze Garden Centre, offering technical activities, mainly woodworking and mechanical repairs, to adult males needing social support. This wonderful community resource is targeted at frail, older aged men and men with disabilities. The Shed is a place where:
* older skilled men can pass on their skills and knowledged to younger men
* men of all ages can pursue their interest in woodwork, handcrafts, electronics, mechanics etc.
* men with disabilities can learn new skills and create "things"
* resources can be produced for the benefit of the community
* blokes can meet, chat and have a cuppa!
The Shed is open Mondays to Saturdays from 10am to 3pm.
Volunteers Male volunteers with woodworking/technical/mechanical skills are needed to help run the programs.
Volunteering with the Men's Shed gives you all the pleasure of pottering around in a very well equipped shed, plus company and the reward of providing enriching experiences and teaching new skills to others.
If you're interested in volunteering, you can contact the Coordinator directly, or through Manningham Community Health Services on 8841 3000
More information A vacancies webpage will be created later.